Expedited Legal Record Retrieval Nationwide
U.S. Legal Support retrieves more records than any other organization. Our record retrieval team obtains 27,000,000+ pages of records each year for law firms, insurance offices and more. That’s over 400,000 requests each year (or one every twenty seconds, every single business day!). Each request is fulfilled by an elite team working in strategically placed hubs, in every time zone, nationwide.
The U.S. Legal Support Record Retrieval team is uniquely focused on just one goal — we work hard to ensure our clients have the records they need, when they need them. Whether digital or hard copy, we offer record retrieval, analysis, and organization for all legal matters. Our team has have an unmatched, robust, digital infrastructure and one of the fastest servicing teams in the nation:
- Nationwide service and full access to our network of over 1,100,000 provider relationships
- Retrieval of paper and/or digital records
- SOC 2 Type 2 and HIPAA compliant retrieval process
- Support from a dedicated Record Retrieval Client Services Team
- Access for multiple team members to the SOC 2 Type 2 Client Portal for secure ordering, delivery, review, collaboration, and download
- X-ray retrieval and handling
- Download unlimited copies of each digital record (at no additional charge)
Security & Compliance
Our Record Retrieval team’s capabilities are augmented by a special force multiplier: technology that comes backed by industry leading security. Beginning with our Client Portal for access to digitized records, ordering, records management, and invoicing, our industry-leading professional expertise is extended by a technical infrastructure and record retrieval process with security that’s second to none.
This includes capabilities like a customized follow-up system for pursuing records and a record retrieval expediting system that’s integrated with our court reporting portal and is fully HIPAA compliant and meets SOC 2 Type 2 security compliance. Our technology and security make the best even better.
Medical Record Retrieval Services
Whether you’re a law firm or an insurance carrier, leave the hassle of the medical record retrieval process to our experts. From patient medical record summaries and treatment chronologies to healthcare provider reports, U.S. Legal Support offers full-service records assistance – from retrieval to records management and organization.
As a convenience to our clients, we endeavor to include the most frequently used forms for facilities. Because forms change from time to time, and often change with little notice, please always refer to the regulations and guidelines for your jurisdiction to ensure the most up-to-date forms are utilized.
Record Retrieval Frequently Asked Questions
What types of records do you retrieve?
We offer a wide range of record retrieval services, from medical records to business, employment, human resources, personnel, insurance records, and more. We retrieve more than 27 million pages of records each year, for all case types.
Do you offer record retrieval services in my city?
U.S. Legal Support can retrieve records nationwide for all case types. We have established relationships with more than 1.1 million providers, strategically placed record retrieval hubs across the country, robust digital infrastructure for collection and delivery of records, and expediting teams in each time zone.
Do you retrieve paper and digital records?
Yes! We can retrieve both paper and digital records. Additionally, we can deliver retrieved records however you need them – either digitally, as hard copies, or a combination of both.
Do you offer records organization and other related services?
Our team can provide summaries, records analysis, and record organization upon request. This includes:
- Patient Demographics Review: Verification of the patient’s name and DOB on each page.
- Medical Summaries: Summary of medical charts by a physician or nurse.
- Medical Billing Summaries: Summary of billing pertaining to the case, including out-of-pocket patient expenses, insurance payments, write-off amounts, and more.
- Deposition Transcript Summaries: Summary of deposition transcripts in narrative format.
- Chronological organization of records.
- Custom summaries of medical documents available upon request.
- Indexing and hyperlinking solutions for enhanced ease of review.
- We can identify additional medical provider information within retrieved medical records to help you assess if records should be ordered from those providers.
How much does it cost to retrieval medical or other types of records?
We offer a wide range of record retrieval services, including organization and management assistance. Each request is unique, making it difficult to provide an estimate. Our rates are competitive and transparent, and we have a dedicated team of professionals who work diligently to help ensure you have the records you need, when you need them.
Is your record retrieval process HIPAA compliant?
Of course! Not only is our retrieval process HIPAA compliant, but we also offer a SOC 2 Type 2 and HIPAA compliant Client Portal for rapid, central access to request records and view obtained records.
How do you manage HIPAA compliance?
Ensuring HIPAA compliance starts with authorization. Protected Health Information, along with personal information, needs to be authorized for release by the affected individual or their guardian in order to remain compliant. Across our organization, we employ industry-leading security, including:
- A 24/7 Network and Security Operations Center
- Redundant and geographically dispersed data centers
- We follow the NIST Cybersecurity Framework for policies, procedures, and controls
- SOC 2 Type 2 compliance
- End-to-end encryption on transmitted files
- Attestation from reputable independent auditors of all systems, processes and controls
- Intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Third-party penetration testing
- Incident response plan that is vetted by independent cybersecurity incident response experts
- Frequent backups and replication across multiple, geographically dispersed datacenters
- Disaster recovery plan
How are records delivered?
Digital records are delivered via our highly secure, SOC 2 Type 2 and HIPAA compliant Client Portal. If paper records are requested, we will deliver those via certified mail.
Can you retrieve x-ray records?
Yes, we can retrieve x-ray records. They are delivered via our secure Client Portal so you can easily view, download and save all radiology image types.
Do you offer a Client Portal for ordering records?
Yes, our Client Portal is available 24/7 for ordering records, checking the status of existing orders, and viewing obtained records. The portal is SOC 2 Type 2 and HIPAA complaint to keep your confidential case and client data secure. In addition, the Client Portal enables you to:
- View and download retrieved x-ray records
- Mark records as “viewed” for enhanced organization and collaboration between team members
- Search repository by keyword or phrase to view each record with the searched keyword or phrase highlighted for quick and easy review
- Batch upload of multiple record request orders at once
- View and easily pay invoices
- View and easily pay invoices
How can I track the status of my record orders?
Our secure Client Portal will provide you with status updates on your requests. You can also contact your dedicated retrieval specialist for an update on your project.
How fast will I get my records?
Our goal is to deliver records in 30-40 days based on hold periods and location compliance.You can log into our secure Client Portal at any time to check the status of your request.
How does the record retrieval process work?
After receiving the records request via the secure U.S. Legal Support Client Portal, our team verifies locations for accuracy and sends the subpoena/authorization packet per jurisdiction rules. Next, we make direct calls to the custodian of records and pay for the records if required. Finally, once received, we quality control each page to assure the request is accurate based on patient, timeframe, and record types. Records are then uploaded into the Client Portal and the requesting client is notified.
Can you retrieve records from medical providers outside of the United States?
Yes, we can retrieve records outside the United States with proper authorization and based on the specific rules and procedures of the nation we are retrieving from.
Are you able to guarantee the retrieval of all records?
We are committed to getting you the records you need for your case and work diligently to do so. Our team of professionals will follow-up with providers as needed to retrieve the requested records. If we receive incomplete or incorrect records, we will follow up with providers until we can solidify complete records. If a provider refuses to comply, we work closely with our clients to determine the best strategic plan to address the provider.