Strategic, expert litigation consulting
As the premier trial consulting firm, DecisionQuest (a U.S. Legal Support company) provides a full suite of jury research and consulting, mock trials, legal graphics, and trial technology services to law firms nationwide.
By applying scientific research and methodology with the art of persuasion, we help clients make informed, strategic decisions to realize their best-case scenario.
Since its inception in 1990, DecisionQuest has consulted on more than 20,000 high-risk trials, arbitrations, and mediations in a variety of venues nationwide. Our team of experienced professionals is comprised of jury consultants, behavioral scientists, former litigators, and psychologists, who have over 500 years of collective experience in litigation consulting.
Jury Research & Consulting
Jury consulting is about more than just picking the right jurors; it is about crafting a story that resonates, honing precise, easily understood arguments, and creating confidence in your case. Understanding how jurors reach conclusions enables you to make better strategic and tactical decisions — through every step of the litigation lifecycle.
- Juror profiling and social media research
- Voir dire consulting
- Jury selection assistance
- Venue evaluation and change of venue research
- Early risk/initial case assessment
- Shadow juries
Mock Trials & Focus Groups
With in-person and remote mock trials and focus group services, trial teams can conduct comprehensive, first-person tests on any given case. From ascertaining key themes and refining case storytelling, to honing opening and closing arguments, preparing witness testimony and more, no one provides a more customized or comprehensive mock trial experience than DecisionQuest.
- Case strategy and theme development and refinement
- Complete remote capabilities
- Bench studies or arbitration panel studies
- Realtime juror response technology
Your case can often hang in the balance between what the witness is saying and how they are perceived by the jury. We’ll seamlessly blend into your trial team to enhance the delivery of your themes and prepare witnesses on the nuances of effective testimony, such as the importance of posture, nonverbal cues, and other details that can transform adequate testimony into something much more compelling.
- Evaluate performance and provide strategic guidance for their role at trial or mediation
- Strategies for appropriate demeanor
- Techniques for responding confidently and carefully under direct and cross-examination
We don’t just create images – we build visual case strategies for every phase of litigation, including motion practice, hearings, meetings and trial. From powerful animations and timelines to tutorials that make complex facts clear and simple for a layperson to understand, our graphic design team delivers strategic graphics that can give your case real, memorable impact – and help you gain a winning edge.
- 2D and 3D animations
- Interactive tutorials
- Onsite graphic support
With over 7,500 days in the “hot seat” for trials, arbitrations, and mediations, DecisionQuest Trial Presentation Specialists have deep experience supporting high-stakes state and federal trials in a consecutive capacity, in a variety of venues nationwide.
- Courtroom technology and trial presentation (“hot seat” operation)
- Coordination of pre-trial multimedia and production needs, including site surveys and equipment recommendations
- Trial presentation database creation and management
- On-demand access to documents, transcripts, video, photos, and graphics
- Remote hosting for all proceedings