Remote Deposition Resources
Overnight, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the landscape of the legal industry. With the sudden shift to remote work, in-person activities such as depositions are now being conducted almost exclusively in virtual settings – and likely will be for the foreseeable future.
Explore the resources below to make your remote depositions as seamless as possible.
The adoption of remote deposition formats has resulted in unanticipated benefits for many litigators and clients. With tools and functionality that mirror in-person proceedings including breakout rooms, on-screen annotations and realtime exhibit sharing, remote depositions allow everyone to participate in the deposition remotely and hear and see each other as if they were in the same room. Remote depositions have become the tool of choice for litigators during the coronavirus pandemic and will remain an integral part of the deposition landscape moving forward, thanks in part to the flexibility and cost savings afforded by the remote format. Here are some of the growing benefits that remote depositions offer both attorneys and clients:
- Maximize efficiency for all parties by facilitating or taking depositions from your home or office
- Easy, flexible virtual deposition scheduling with nationwide coverage
- Reduced travel time and expense for attorneys and clients
- Robust security including encrypted communications
Remote Depositions Made Easy
With RemoteDepo™ by U.S. Legal Support, everyone from witnesses to the deponent, opposing counsel, examining attorney and the court reporter can participate in a remote deposition and interact as if they were in the same conference room – but from the comfort and safety of their home or office. Participants simply require a webcam-equipped computer or mobile device with an internet connection. Our virtual deposition platform makes it easy to facilitate questioning, observe witness demeanor and body language and communicate in realtime. Gain access to secure video conferencing, realtime exhibit sharing, technical support and everything else you’ll need to make your virtual depositions a success. With U.S. Legal Support’s robust suite of remote deposition solutions it is no surprise litigators all over the nation count on us for a consistently smooth remote deposition experience everytime.
With access to more than 12,000 on-demand offices in 2,700+ cities across the country, our regional and remote court reporting teams are equipped with the remote deposition technology and litigation experience to assist you whenever, wherever.
Download Our Remote Deposition Resources
To learn more about our remote solutions for depositions and all other remote proceedings, click the links below.
Getting Started Checklist
One Day Prior to the Remote Video Deposition:
- Test equipment and connection at least 24 hours before the virtual deposition to ensure no technical issues arise
- Make sure you have a webcam-equipped computer/device and a strong Internet connection
- We also recommend testing your audio to identify which option provides optimal audio quality
Day of the Remote Video Deposition
- Find a distraction-free space and connect at your remote location at least 15-20 minutes before the live virtual deposition begins
- Make sure exhibits are accessible electronically on your device
- Communicate platform requirements with U.S. Legal Support when scheduling your deposition. Do you need a videographer? Do you require breakout rooms? Will you need a realtime feed?
- Identify your exhibit sharing needs so we can help determine which solution is right for you: U.S. Legal Support Client Exhibit Drop or InstantExhibit+™
For technical assistance during a RemoteDepo™ event, please email [email protected] or call 888.401.9541.