Remote Deposition Resources
Overnight, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed the landscape of the legal industry. With the sudden shift to remote work, in-person activities such as depositions are now being conducted almost exclusively in virtual settings – and likely will be for the foreseeable future.
Explore the resources below to make your remote depositions as seamless as possible.
The adoption of remote deposition formats has resulted in unanticipated benefits for many litigators and clients. With tools and functionality that mirror in-person proceedings including breakout rooms, on-screen annotations and realtime exhibit sharing, remote depositions allow everyone to participate in the deposition remotely and interact as if they were in the same room. Here are some of the growing benefits that remote depositions offer both attorneys and clients:
- Maximize efficiency for all parties by facilitating or taking depositions from your home or office
- Easy, flexible virtual deposition scheduling with nationwide coverage
- Reduced travel time and expense for attorneys and clients
- Robust security including encrypted communications
Download Our Remote Deposition Resources
To learn more about our remote solutions for depositions and all other remote proceedings, click the links below.
Getting Started Checklist
One Day Prior to the Remote Video Deposition:
- Test equipment and connection at least 24 hours before the virtual deposition to ensure no technical issues arise
- Make sure you have a webcam-equipped computer/device and a strong Internet connection
- We also recommend testing your audio to identify which option provides optimal audio quality
Day of the Remote Video Deposition
- Find a distraction-free space and connect at your remote location at least 15-20 minutes before the live virtual deposition begins
- Make sure exhibits are accessible electronically on your device
- Communicate platform requirements with U.S. Legal Support when scheduling your deposition. Do you need a videographer? Do you require breakout rooms? Will you need a realtime feed?
- Identify your exhibit sharing needs so we can help determine which solution is right for you: U.S. Legal Support Client Exhibit Drop or InstantExhibit+™
For technical assistance during a RemoteDepo™ event, please email [email protected] or call 888.401.9541.