Become a Certified Electronic Reporter
Expand Your Career as a Certified Electronic Reporter with U.S. Legal Support
Whether you’re looking to become a Certified Electronic Reporter (CER) or if you already have experience with digital reporting, we’d love for you to join our team of professionals. Apply now to get started!
What is digital reporting?
The American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers (AAERT) describes digital reporting as the “use of professional-level audio recording systems to register court proceedings.” Certified Electronic Reporters (CERs) are qualified, carefully trained professionals who are certified by the AAERT. They use state-of-the-art recording equipment and cutting-edge technology to capture proceedings, adhering to both local and nationally recognized best practices.
The highest calling of a professional court reporter is the preservation of the record. At U.S. Legal Support, we take pride in ensuring the accuracy of the record is maintained, regardless of the methodology used. With the pace of litigation continuing to increase, to help fulfill the growing demand for capturing and transcribing legal proceedings, we employ Certified Electronic Reporters as a supplemental resource to our valued Stenographer and Voice Writer partners.
How to become a Certified Electronic Reporter
As a CER with U.S. Legal Support, you will capture a verbatim record of what transpired during a proceeding. We offer a comprehensive training program consisting of:
- Certification through the AAERT (American Association of Electronic Reporters and Transcribers)
- Practical training in U.S. Legal Support’s processes and protocols
- Technical training in state-of-the-art hardware and software
- Internship (job shadow) with CERs currently in the field
As a Certified Electronic Reporter with U.S. Legal Support you will enjoy:
- Peer-to-peer mentoring
- Access to our CER community for realtime assistance and connection with other CERs
- Monthly team events (virtual and in-person)
- Ongoing training for special projects
- Membership to our CER Forum
- Continued training and maintenance of Continuing Education Units for AAERT certification
- State-of-the-art equipment and cutting-edge technology provided by U.S. Legal Support
Comprehensive Benefits from U.S. Legal Support
As a U.S. Legal Support employee, you will be able to take advantage of flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits, including:
- Retirement benefits
- Medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Commuter benefits
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Paid time off including 9 holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Employee assistance program