As the industry leader in HIPAA compliance, U.S. Legal Support’s records retrieval personnel are armed with the rules and regulations needed to obtain your records from hospitals, physicians, clinics, pharmacies and insurance companies nationwide.
U.S. Legal Support HIPAA Compliance and Continuing Legal Education
- Staff is trained on HIPAA confidentiality and security. All U.S. Legal Support employees sign HIPAA Confidentiality Agreements to further protect our client’s data
- All U.S. Legal Support vendors and subcontractors must sign Business Associate Agreements in compliance with the HIPAA Omnibus Rule
- All protected health information is transmitted through secure, encrypted servers. Network repositories are protected with SSL encryption and firewall protection
- Protected health information is maintained electronically until our clients alert us that litigation has ended (per federal rules)
- Records containing protected health information are retrieved using authorizations and subpoenas that comply with 45 CFR 164.508 and 45 CFR 164.512
- Full time HIPAA Privacy Officer with over 20 years experience in healthcare compliance and privacy
- Continuing Legal Education seminars are presented nationwide on HIPAA, HITECH, The Omnibus Rule by Heather Hughes, U.S. Legal Support HIPAA Privacy Officer
Click Here to Schedule Heather for a HIPAA Training or Seminar.
What is HIPAA?
Who Does HIPAA Affect?
How Does HIPAA Impact Discovery?
Click here for a HIPAA Authorization Form.
Helpful HIPAA Links:
Florida Information Protection Act of 2014
HIPAA Omnibus Rule 2013
Texas House Bill 300 (2012)
Article: HIPAA HITECH & The Discovery Process
Article: Risks and Responsibilities of Record Retrieval During Discovery
Contact our HIPAA Privacy Officer:
Heather Hughes, J.D., CHPC