COVID-19 Updates & Information
Throughout the global COVID-19 pandemic, we have remained fully operational nationwide with our suite of remote solutions. Our regional and remote teams are available to assist with your litigation needs. See a full list of our 85+ physical offices across the country here.
Office Re-Opening Update
All U.S. Legal Support offices, with the exception of select California locations, are open and fully operational for in-person depositions. Click here to find the location nearest you.
As of March 18, 2021 the majority of our offices are now open.
California: Due to the change in California county risk levels, select California offices will begin reopening on March 18, 2021. To find out which office near you is open, please contact us or email [email protected].
Find one of our 85+ local office nearest you.
U.S. Legal support has nationwide resources in more than 85 local offices to cover your litigation support needs.
In-Office Depositions: COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
As we welcome clients back to our offices nationwide, U.S. Legal Support provides the following guidance to ensure the health and well-being of our employees, clients and other guests.
If you have a fever (100.4 °F or greater as outlined by the CDC) or you are experiencing other COVID-19 related symptoms, please do not visit our offices and make accommodations to attend your proceeding remotely by contacting your local U.S. Legal Support office.
You can expect to see the following protocols implemented when visiting our offices. Thank you in advance for your cooperation as we work to keep everyone safe.
Cleaning & Disinfecting
- Our offices and all common areas are routinely disinfected throughout the day and cleaned thoroughly every night. In addition, conference rooms are disinfected at the conclusion of each meeting.
- Offices and conference rooms are equipped with hand sanitizer and sanitizing wipes.
- Conference rooms that have been sanitized are designated with signage indicating “clean.” Please do not enter conference rooms marked otherwise.
- In compliance with state and local mandates, U.S. Legal Support employees, clients and guests are required to wear a face covering in all common areas (restrooms, conference rooms, break areas, hallways), during depositions and while on U.S. Legal Support premises.
- Following CDC recommendations, face masks must cover the nose and mouth.